Kenya is known as the mecca of online betting, as 76% of the total population place wager every day. With a fast-growing economy where 85% of the population has internet access, and 96% of overall players place their bet via phone, betting apps are also popular in Kenya. Just like the farmers use the right tools, players also need to use the best betting apps Kenya to get the highest profit.
But, what makes a betting app the best?
First, the design of the app is a qualifying factor for the best betting apps Kenya. Does the odd load and update correctly? Does the app run without crashing your phone? How is it easy to use for new and experienced punters? All these questions must be positive for an app to qualify as one of the top betting apps.
Other factors that determine whether an app is the best include:
- Various banking options
- Customer support
- Security and safety
- Choice of the market (how wide are their betting options?)
- Bonuses and promotions (this includes looking at restrictions, expiry date, and wagering requirement in regards to how you choose to use your bonus and promotion).
We make it easier for you by reviewing all the betting apps to find whether they are the best in regards to the above factors. Here are the top 10 apps that made the list.
22bet is still new but one of the best online betting apps. With a welcome bonus of 100% and up to Ksh 18,000, this app offers the greatest and unmatched goodies to players in Kenya. That’s not all- if you happen to deposit on Friday, you earn a 40% bonus on the deposit of up to Ksh 5000.
Here are other benefits of using 22bet:
- It is the only international betting app that allows deposit and withdrawal of your money via airtel money and M-Pesa.
- Mobile-friendly layout and design
- Free withdrawals as much as you’d want
- Has high odds in football and tennis matches
- Availability of 24/7 live chat
- multiple of special bet types including British Royal Specials, TV games and politics
If we were to position these betting apps Kenya beginning with the best overall, Betwinner would take the first position. With 55 sports, the app has over 1000 events daily for you to bet. If you’re a football fanatic, you can choose over 350 exotic bets on every match, which includes Combo Bets, Win to Nil, and Total Goal Minutes. The live section offers 95% and higher pay-out depending on the event and the sport. Besides the 100% welcome bonus, Betwinner has several other benefits namely:
- Birthday bonus
- New bonuses every Thursday
- Loyalty program
- Deposit and withdrawal are free of charge
- It takes a maximum of 15 minutes to receive your money
- 24/7 customer support
- Allows Kenyan currency
This is yet another one of the best international best betting apps based in Nigeria but making waves across countries, including Kenya. The iconic thing about this app is the way it customizes its product to reflect an individual country’s needs. The bookmaker describes itself as a globalized sports betting platform, and it’s unarguable following the goodies it comes with. To start with, users have a variety of options such that you can bet on jackpots, financials, and virtual sports. Benefits of using this app include:
- 300% Karibu bonus for new players
- Multiple of promotions for existing players
- Numerous games to bet on
- Referral bonus
- First deposit bonus of up to 1000
- Competitive odds
- You can place Ksh 50 every week on the weekly jackpot of 1 million
- All-star in-play market
After operating in Kenya, Tanzania, and South Africa for several years, Sportpesa is now making waves in the European countries after gaining a license in the United Kingdom and the Isle of Man. As a powerhouse of online gambling, Sportpesa does not disappoint its players. First, players are showered with online casino promotions and other bonuses, weekly. Some of these include; boosted odds on some markets, extra spins on the casino, matched deposit, and bonus bet tokens.
Sportpesa app is unarguably one of the best mobile betting apps. The layout is perfect, and all the links to necessary tabs such as banking information, casino, latest promotions, and sportsbook are at the top.
Other benefits include:
- Multiple banking options which include Neteller, Skrill, MasterCard, visa, and M-Pesa
- 24/7 customer support via live chat
- Availability of many betting options
- Competitive odds following their partnership with English Premier League heavyweights such as Southampton, Arsenal, and Everton.
- It advocates for safe gambling as it has partnered with be gamble aware, Gamcare and Game Stop — your gambling will never become an addiction.
1xbet is a product of Bonnal Limited- a company whose origin is Russia and had extensive experience with a land-based betting shop. The hard work of the company has seen to it bringing on board many, and the best sports. For instance, 1xbet has over 50 international sportsbooks, giving Kenyan numerous options to play. The most popular sports Kenyan gamble on include ice hockey, soccer, American football, cricket, kabaddi, and CrossFit.
The app goes ahead and puts the most popular sport in its category then subdivide it so that players have a smooth experience locating their favorite. If, for example, you love to bet on UEFA, you find a subcategory under soccer with the title of UEFA. The same applies to other leagues, including EPL, Serie A, and FIFA World Cup.
Another iconic thing about 1xbet is betting coverage. It has six choices, namely UK, US, Malay, Indonesian, Decimal, and Hong Kong. You can change to whichever preference on the right icon to the registration button.
Registering a new account:
- Earns you a 100% welcome bonus,
- Access to hundreds of casino games and other sports you can bet on
Although betika does not offer a welcome bonus, has a low jackpot amount, and charges your deposit money, it is still one of the best apps Kenya has. Why? Betika has the best leagues and football jackpot you can ever imagine. Also, with numerous sports markets, you have the chance to become a lucky winner any day of the week.
Advantages of the platform include:
- Fair odds
- Numerous betting options
- User-friendly app
- Excellent in-play experience
- Variety of sports to bet on
It’s in 2015 that betting in Kenya became popular. Fortunately for m-CHEZA, it was established the same year by acumen communications limited and thus became a worthy investment for Kenyans that wanted to make money from online sports betting. What started as an SMS- based betting platform integrated into one of the best betting apps android in Kenya.
Features and benefits of m-cheza include:
- It allows live betting
- Has multiple casino games you can bet on
- Has virtual sports
- The layout of the app and website is easy to use for both beginners and professionals
- Existing players can invite friends and earn a referral bonus
Mozzart Bet is an affiliate of Mozzart limited of Serbia. The platform is increasingly becoming Kenyan favorite as you can bet with as little as Ksh 20 and place a stake in the weekly jackpot of 10,000,000 with Ksh 30. Mozzart Bet continues to cause a buzz in Kenya following the strong points they are making in lotteries, jackpots, and virtual games.
Other benefits include:
- Daily 10 million Kenyan shillings mega jackpot
- unmatched odds and numerous bonuses and promotions
- 1000% reward you win a happy hour slot
- you can earn 750% reward during other hours except for a happy hour
- huge sports market
- instant deposit and withdrawal
- free withdrawals and deposit
M-Bet is licensed under South Africa by the Western Cape Gambling &Racing Board but is far-reaching one of the best online entertaining betting platforms. However, the platform is only best for beginners as veterans would prefer advanced features such as casinos, virtual games, and live betting that m-bet lacks.
The platform is a favorite because:
- It allows airtel and M-Pesa banking methods
- Has major football leagues
- Jackpot bonuses
- No withdrawal fee on any amount of cash
- Daily jackpot
If you’re a casual betting customer, Betyetu is one of the best android betting apps. It has a welcome bonus of 100% of up to Ksh. 5000 and Ksh 25 as a deposit bonus. If an overwhelming betting experience is what you’re looking for, Betyetu is the deal. For example, playing the jackpot is simple, but for you to win, it will take a sweat. The site is relevant and easy to use. Even though it focuses on football tournaments, it has other few sports. Advantages of the platform include:
- Jackpot bonus
- Virtual gaming
- Accumulating jackpot
- Availability of live betting
- No withdrawal fee
- Variety of games to bet on
Does This Betting Apps Accept Deposits In Kenyan Shillings?
Deposit and withdrawal are one of the most crucial factors when it comes to choosing a betting site. As a Kenyan, you want a deposit, and the withdrawal method is accessible to you- particularly M-Pesa and airtel money as they are quick banking options. With that said, all the above betting apps allow the M-Pesa banking option. 22bet and 1xbet also allow airtel money banking option.
Deposit Methods for Kenyans Players
So you want to start with online betting but don’t know which deposit methods to use? Are you eyeing an international betting site that doesn’t seem to offer M-Pesa or airtel money deposit methods?
Various betting sites offer different deposit methods. It’s, therefore, necessary to find out whether a betting site allows the use of your banking option before you open an account with them. Stop for a moment and think whether you’ll find means of depositing money with the choice available on a betting site or expiry date of a bonus will come in before you have the ways to deposit cash.
For your convenience, we’ve come up with a list of deposit options you can use:
- M-Pesa — is the king of banks. It’s the safest banking option, especially for Kenyan players. Also, it is fast, and most betting sites accept this banking option.
- Airtel — is a popular banking method, but very few betting sites allow it as a deposit method.
- Skrill — is an online e-wallet that its convenience makes it one of the best banking options. In fact, most betting sites have adopted it as a payment method.
- Neteller — almost all bookers allow Neteller as a mode of deposit. Try it- the charges are attractive, and the process of the deposit is fast.
- Bank transfer — applies when you don’t have any other option of deposit. The process is painfully slow, and you have to walk to your bank for inquiries.
- Credit card/debit card — al betting sites accept the use of debit or credit cards to make a deposit. The process is easy.
- Cryptocurrency — depositing money with cryptocurrency such as bitcoin is increasingly becoming popular, and some of the betting sites are accepting this mode of payment.
- PayPal — is a famous method of payment across the world. However, few betting sites allow this option.
What Is the Most Popular Betting App In Kenya?
From the list above, 1xbet is the most popular betting app, and it’s easy to see why. First, it’s an international betting site with thousands of matches under various sports categories. With this enormity of different games, it allows you to bet on EPL or a cockfighting tournament in the Philippines. With a wide selection of casino games, you can also spin a roulette table or other exciting casino games. What’s more, it allows for mpesa and airtel deposit methods.
How Do Betting Apps Work?
Working with a betting app is probably one of the easiest things you can do over the internet. First, you need to download the particular app from the play store or follow a link provided on the mother website. Secondly, you need to register or log into the app to view the games available. Usually, the first page of best betting apps Kenya contains a list of available sports, namely football, soccer, ice hockey, tennis, golfing, hockey, and more.
Click on the sport you want to play. This will take you to a new page displaying live and upcoming games. Against each match, you find the time, odds, and the names of the teams playing the game. Considering you’ve already deposited cash (using pay bill number or from the betting site) into your betting site, it should reflect. Choose a team you think will win and select. A prompt box will appear showing you the stake you want to place and the amount you’ll win if the team wins the match.
Once a game is through, and you win, the amount appears on the betting app account. If not, check the bet slip to confirm whether your team has won or not. Sometimes it might take longer for money to reflect in your account.
When a match is over, the slip is removed from live and upcoming games.